I was going to run the Turkey Trot here, which is a 5k race, but the weather canceled the race. The race was rescheduled for Sunday, but I was working at Station 2; so I wasn't able to attend. It certainly was the worst weather Saturday that I have seen since I have been here. The wind was wicked bad and it was snowing. I think we were able to get 6 inches or so of fresh snow in town. The airfield had snowdrifts that were up to 4 feet. Here is a photo of Station 2
I don't think it really does it justice...but you guys can be the judge. Anyway the real reason for this post was to show you guys the picture of the "sun dog" or the 360 degree rainbow...that was at the beginning of this post. I saw it just as I was walking to dinner Sunday evening. The 360 degree rainbow was wicked awesome, and I wanted to share it with you all. Here is a wikipedia article about it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sun_dog.
Anyway That is about it down here. Just a typical Sun dog on a Sunday. Enjoy.

1 comment:
Happy Thanksgiving a week late, fam. But seriously, that video scared me. That's sheer insanity-
Hey, hey Scully-McCully, you know what's insane? Paying full price for fire and police scanners. My buddy Lars, who is the brother of my girlfriend's rugby coach's accountant's roomate, know this other guy named Eye-Patch who sells all the top name scanners at like 40% of the price out off his Ski-Doo trailor in Middleton. Check it out bro. I'm really good friends with his sister who I met during my like eighth or ninth English II class at North Shore, so he can probably sell it even cheaper. Small world dude. How's the south pole? Have you banged Mrs. Claus yet? LOL. Only joking dude. If you see my friend O'McSheaphy, tell him I said hi. He specializes in GIS Mapping an grid location. Down with Obama! LOL. Just joking dude.
And on that note, I bid you farewell. When is your ETA for coming back?
-Chuck
Post a Comment