I got up today at 3am New Zealand time. Of course after I shower and repack my bags; I get the phone call from the front desk, "The military flight has been delayed; we will pick you up at 0745". So back to sleep I went. Then, I went down to the lobby and loaded my stuff onto our shuttle to the CDC (Clothing Distribution Center)/Antarctica Center. When our group arrived, we were briefed that our flight would not be leaving today. Shortly after we were issued our "food" money, $70 Kiwi. We had our bags all processed so that we could take the next available flight to the ice. They gave us yet another briefing about working down on the ice and the dangers of course.
I took a tour of the gardens today and walked along the Avon river. It was wicked beautiful and really lush. The greens here are really remarkable. After the walk around the gardens and the city was pretty nice. The weather here today is great, like 75 or so. I also went to the art gallery here in the city. There was a lot of really interesting modern art exhibits and its free to everyone, which is great.
So yea, I don't know what I am going to be doing now that I'm here for Halloween. Yes, they do celebrate it down here. I'll let you know how big it is or what exactly that they do. I have seen one guy in a costume...or so I hope. He was covered in blood and had a white painted face waiting for one of the buses. Oh well. In the meantime until I figure out what I'm doing. Enjoy this Tracey Jordan song, in the spirit of Halloween. Its from 30 rock, which is an awesome show.

No comments:
Post a Comment