Saturday, October 11, 2008

Waiting game...

Yea, welcome everyone. I just sent out the major mass email to announce this blog. I'm still in MA, i just got off the phone with Raytheon and in theory I should find out about my flight down to the tundra wicked soon. They are going over all my medical paperwork to make sure I am good to go with the ice. I don't mind them taking the time to do that, considering the closest hospital is technically 5 hours away in New Zealand, and I can only imagine what kind of bill that would look like if they had to "med-flight" me across the South Pacific ocean. I also just hear that my Lt. on the Dept just landed on the ice, so they are waiting for him to contact the main hq in Colorado to arrange my Christchurch to McMurdo flight. I'm not too worried though, the continent isn't going anywhere.

So Welcome, nothing major is happening. Just a waiting game for the plane tickets out to new zealand/colorado. I'll keep this updated if I get any new info. So feel free to poke around. I'll talk to y'all later.

2 comments:

Matt Chuckran said...

I appreciate the e-mail, fam. I liked the Q&A format, made it very easy to follow for the Bob Geretys of the world. I will definately be posting in this blog and so will my best friend, Scott Addison. He's going to post under my name be- Oh wait, here he is now.

Hey Scully McCully what's up Irish? I was out walking my dog Murphy, he's an Irish setter, the same type of dog my buddy Ollie uses on the Civil Air Patrol in upstate New York. I bet they won't use air scene canines in Antarctica though, because the Southern hemisphere's doldrums throw off dog's scent sensors, it's magic or something I forget. My old rugby coach Ivan told be that after his stint manning a tank in the Northeast Search and Rescue mock search parties. Hey, I gotta run bro, I've got a rugby party on Plum Island later today and those rugby chicks are f'ing hot dude. They all look and talk exactly like Sarah Palin and I'm going to have sex with them as soon as my girlfriend goes to sleep. You should come if you're not in Antarctica. Later dude!

Wow, that kid can sure talk. As for me, there are some old men that need to be handwashed and somewhere there is a little old woman trying to walk on her own that needs assistance. Good luck son. Look foward to reading about the Lambeau Field of the continents. Peace.

-Chuck

Anonymous said...

So by the way you used wicked! I'm not so sure they say wicked anywhere down south. I would know... haha

I was thinking it was kind of ironic that we went to fire and ice for your going away.. you are literally going from fire to ice!