
Sometimes I feel guilty that I don't write that often on the blog. But, to be honest it is hard to balance both the blog, my job and have that also go with the shifting internet times.

Unfortunately the internet times are shifting to earlier and earlier times. So when I actually get up to work out in the morning it is up. Right now it is on as early as 5:30am but it is usually off at noon-ish. The small blips of internet in the afternoon, don't really facilitate writing either, which is too bad. Let's see what to catch you all up on. We'll I was able to get certificates for the flags I flew in honor of Travis. So in theory, Tracey, Joe and BJ should get them relatively soon...depending on C-17 bringing mail from Antarctica to the APO system and all that jazz.

The tourists periodically show up down here. But they often keep to themselves, which isn't bad. They all have to camp outside, if they spend the night...but often they are only down here for a couple hours. They get a quick tour of the elevated station, and a trip to the store of course. They all seem to be friendly, and out of breathe...due to the elevation.
Tomorrow one of our firefighters is going back to McMurdo, he requested an early switch. I don't blame him, his girlfriend is coming to McMurdo (she works down here). It is sad to see this group leave, mostly because I think they are a good crew. The newer crews will be hard pressed to equal the talent that our first group of rotators. The next two rotators should be coming around the 28th of December.

Oh, and this week we got our standard issue uniforms. There were many set backs for these, considering we were supposed to be issued them in August (when we first got to Denver). It is hard to place the blame on one organization...but the uniform store in where we order them from is defiantly sub par when it comes to communication and providing stocked uniforms. For a business that takes several thousand of dollars from our outfit, you would think they would anticipate or at least attempt to make an effort to please us as a client. But, these are things that are above my pay grade.
I think I've vented and brought you guys up to date. Enjoy your Wednesday night or Thursday morning (depending on when you read this). Take care and Stay Safe.
No comments:
Post a Comment