Tuesday, July 28, 2009

How I spent my summer vacation...

Hey guys! So I figure I'd do like a summer recap, since I'm impossible to get a hold of sometimes. And Why not give you guys something to read since until the 10th of August? That's when I go for training, this blog won't kick up to high gear until then.
Where to begin... Lets see since I've been back from the ice; I've continued working at my old ambulance company, Action. It was great to see all my old friends there and meet some new faces. I never considered the EMS field "Recession Proof" but, it appears that it is a booming industry. And in Massachusetts there are so many private ambulance companies, there is always one hiring. Action hired many many new people and its been interesting to say the least. They have moved things around at Action but, I do enjoy working in Winthrop. Winthrop is Actions only BLS 911 city, and its almost as much fun as Ipswich was. I left Action just when they started working in Winthrop. The best part of working in Winthrop is that it is with some really good medics and old friends. It reminded me of the days when I first started with Action...back when they had the Lynn 911 contract. Those were the times, the whole 2 years ago.


Shout Out to
: Dave Sherwood, Mike Cotton, Sheena, Steph "The Best" Williams and Jo-Jo, Kevlar, Sheila, and all my other Action Friends!


This summer, since I knew I would be trying to go down on winfly, has been full of adventures. Two of my best friends from College and I went camping/fishing in Vermont. I've gone down to visit two of my "newly wed" friends Dan and Jess at their home in Connecticut. I went to a minor league NASCAR style race in New Hampshire. And Lastly a wedding in Rhode Island. Well, technically it was on the Mass border...but I'm going to take some poetic license to make it seem that I've been jumping around New England.
That Photo is the most Patriotic ever. Dan, born on the 4th of July wearing his NRA T shirt with 4 of July Fireworks in the background. Shout Out to: Tower, Jess, Janet, Bob, Dan. (The FPC kidz) Oh and Sam Stolzar, who is at the Police Academy..he's cool too, for a cop.

I've been trying to visit all my other friends before I left, but its been tough. Partly because even though I'm "done" with Action, I still pick up shifts...and partly because Raytheon has kept me busy filling out paperwork. I think that the toughest part in getting into the Antarctic Program is the amount of paperwork one must complete to go. Literally every time I fax or turn something in...something new has to be faxed or turned in. Thank god I live 4 blocks from a fax place here in Newton. I should have bought a fax machine last year...what was I thinking?


I've been bike riding a lot around Newton as well. That photo above is from the Reservoir near Cleveland Circle. You can hardly see it, but the Prudential building is in the distance. There was a lot of haze that day....Okay back to riding bikes: I figure I'll miss being outside all the time, especially after month 3 being down in Antarctica. That is all I really feel like writing at this time. There will be a couple more entries between now and when I land in Denver. Oh and I'm getting a new laptop (My gift to myself), so hopefully the blog will be even cooler thanks to the power of the Macbook Pro! Shout out to Apple Computers? Sure, why not. Anyway take care y'all!

No comments: