Friday, January 9, 2009

Welcome back Condition 2

So this entry is going to be short and sweet for you all. I'm working at the airfield today, and the weather has been strange all day. Since Thanksgiving, it has been pretty warm down here. Due to this the ride to the airfield now takes almost double what it used to. On our drive this morning we saw a couple cool sights. One of which is Ivan the Tera bus stuck in the road. The ice melts due to run off from the snow around here and makes these really annoying and deep potholes. If you though Mass. roads were bad, wait until you drive down here! Its so bad that now regular trucks can't travel from the airfields to town. We were in our trusty Piston Bully, which even though the ride is rough, it gets us to and fro work. Picture storming the beaches of Normandy or preforming a beach landing. The bumps are that extreme. Ivan, since it has really big wheels it can usually make it across the transition. But as you can see, it needed a bull-dozer to pull it.


The drive into work was really cool. There was a ton of fog, so one could only see the tails of the planes. The weather then warmed up and it was defiantly T shirt weather. The views also were really awesome today, though Mt.Erebus was sleeping today. I couldn't see the top of it, so that was slightly different. I really like seeing it steaming/continuous eruption when I come out here. Things started to calm down until tonight. Then the fog came back in. Right now we are in a condition two here at the airfield. Due to the visibilty. And I hear its going to snow later tonight. So take care everyone, I'm going to enjoy my condition two.

No comments: