
As most of you know, I consider myself a Boston native. I was checking my email and news before dinner down here this evening when I got an email from my best friend and former roommate Mike Brohm. Back when Brohm and I were in college, after our Fire 1 class, we would often watch TV in our apartment. One of the shows we used to watch religiously was Firehouse USA: Boston. The TV show was wicked funny and it showed Boston Firefighters and how they operate in a really good light. In fact, I was really upset when that series ended prematurely. But, the point of this story is that Boston Ladder 26, one of the crews followed in the show, unfortunately lost one of their men today in Boston responding to a call. Lt. Kevin Kelly, one of the main characters from the show was in that accident. The accident, was horrible and I can only imagine what the firehouse and his family are going through.
So, please take a moment out of your day to follow Lt. Kevin Kellys story. From all of us down here at McMurdo FD we send out prayers to the Family, Friends and Boston Fire Dept. Take care everyone.
For more information on Lt. Kevin Kelly feel free to check out these sites:
NOTE The picture from this post is from Boston.com

No comments:
Post a Comment