Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Wrapping up the Season

Hey everyone. Just to update...I only have 10 days left down here in theory...I say in theory because as we speak I'm having a couple things going on. As many of you know I'm trying to get on a full time department back in Massachusetts. We'll Newton, my hometown, appears they may be hiring a couple guys...so I put in my application the other week and I was told today that they will be interviewing soon. So, I contacted Denver travel and my Chief here at the Antarctic Fire Department and we are working on a plan to get me home as soon as we can. Hopefully everything will work out...but that my only non-antarctica news going on in my life...

I was looking forward to vacationing in New Zealand, but I can always vacation later in life...this is a bit more important. Who knows when I will have an opportunity to interview for my dream job.

So what else has been going on...My buddy won a 2 hour massage at the last bingo. He is wintering so when he gets off ice he'll enjoy that in CHC. Only 280 something days left Jeremy.

I got to launch a weather balloon the other day as well. I have been looking forward to doing that for a while. Besides that we just have had many many flights and its been busy. This post is short but hopefully it will keep you all entertained for now. Have a great Monday/Tuesday. See you all soon-ish!

No comments: