Friday, June 26, 2009

End of an era...


Today, I formally announced to my current employer, Action Ambulance, that I would be leaving to go back down to Antarctica. I have been flirting a lot between going down again and not going. But I think that I will do this winfly position, just to cross that off my list. The unique oppertunity it offers is something I can't pass up. And the main factor of why I wouldn't go, isn't really a factor anymore. I don't think I could ever do a winter over, long months of darkness are not really my thing. So this is the next thing. Winfly should offer me a couple cool opertunities, such as dispatch (electric booogaloo). Shout out to Jeff and Mike Powers (best dispatchers at Action). Sorry Kevlar and Jim Miller you guys are runners up. I won't even mention that other guy, wa wa waaaa.

It is sad that I have to quit Action, as that they did allow me to take a leave of absence last year. It was funny because AMR, the other company I worked for, argued that I should stay and work for them. Antarctica or AMR (tough desicion right?) Boy am I glad I didn't stay. AMR lost the major contract I was working under, so who knows what would have happened if I stayed. I'll miss Action, when I'm down on the ice. I figure I can always re-apply when I come back. I know a decent amount of my friends from there read this blog, so its all good.

So now I continue my quest in getting in all the paperwork and medical work in by July 30th to make the winfly cut off.

Don't worry Nat, I'll still make your wedding. The tentative plan is to leave your wedding Monday and fly to Denver for training. And no you are not getting a penguin as a wedding gift. Zak, you may and Jess Tifnafney um your penguin is in the mail? Anyway folks. See ya around.

No comments: